- RSS Channel Showcase 9773182
- RSS Channel Showcase 1319120
- RSS Channel Showcase 1412415
- RSS Channel Showcase 4801021
Articles on this Page
- 07/27/17--08:48: _Price transparency ...
- 07/27/17--09:08: _Expanded partnershi...
- 07/27/17--11:21: _Healthcare groups w...
- 07/27/17--13:30: _FDA unveils precert...
- 07/27/17--23:00: _Senate GOP's 'skinn...
- 07/27/17--23:00: Senate GOP's 'skinny repeal' fails after John McCain defects
From Kaiser Health News: Greater price transparency has been a popular policy prescription for America’s high healthcare costs, especially at a time when many patients have high-deductible insurance plans and face larger copayments. But hospitals and doctors often oppose such measures.
The Cleveland Clinic and CVS Health have expanded an eight-year partnership aimed at improving care for patients in Ohio and Florida to include enhanced data-sharing capabilities and EHR interoperability. The health system and the retail clinics plan to integrate alerts and messages about prescriptions and visit summaries.
As Senate Republicans crafted a “skinny repeal” bill behind closed doors on Thursday, prominent healthcare industry groups warned against the repercussions of repealing the Affordable Care Act’s coverage mandates without a viable replacement.
The agency followed through on its promise to overhaul its approach to digital health, rolling out a new precertification pilot program designed to keep pace with health IT innovation. The pilot, part of a broader Digital Health Innovation Action Plan, will lay the groundwork to reduce regulatory requirements for developers with a proven track record.
Republicans’ last-ditch attempt to unravel the Affordable Care Act failed early Friday morning when three GOP senators voted against a “skinny repeal” bill known as the Health Care Freedom Act.